Nobel Peace prize

Ephemera and whimsy
Rocky

Nobel Peace prize

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

I’m so please that the prize this year goes to Nadia Murad and Denis Mukwege for their anti-rape campaigning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45759221

I’m doubly pleased that Trump didn’t get it, given his mocking of Prof Ford and his awful history with women. There is justice.....
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Nobel Peace prize

Post by Regulator » 5 years ago

I think the Nobel Committee have exquisitely stuck the knife in. They've given the prize to anti-rape campaigners instead of to a self-confessed sexual predator who wants to put another sexual predator into the highest judicial office.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Trump must just love this. He wanted to be the star of the world's biggest reality show, and - fuck me - he is. The whole world is his stage. We can't talk about the amazing work these people do, but instead how it affects him.
2 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 5 years ago

Trump was only a sensible candidate in the minds of people who don't have a mind. The fact that people seem to have put money on him winning is simply proof that some people are idiots.

I've pointed out elsewhere that "nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize" has literally no value. Any member of any national assembly and any member of any government anywhere in the world can make a nomination. So most of Trump's circle could nominate him.
0 x