Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Rutabaga

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Thread

Post by Rutabaga » 3 years ago

Joan wrote:
3 years ago
Glad you have had it.

I gather symptoms are generally worse after the second jab or if you have had coronavirus. Any nasty colds over 2020?
That's interesting if true. Like many people I have been remarkably free of colds and minor infections for the past year, apart from February 2020 when I had a cough. It was identical to a viral cough I'd had in September 2019, which my GP was dismissive about, and both times it eventually cleared up as these things do. Of course, I do wonder now if it was just a cough ... As far as I know no one I had contact with became ill which I take comfort from.

I feel fine today, so the 24-hour after effect thing seems to apply to me anyway.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 3 years ago

If you are curious, I gather you can order a lateral flow antibody test for a tenner. Right now, if it's positive, it would indicate you have had coronavirus. In 2 weeks, it will tell you the vaccine is working.

Glad you are feeling better!
0 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 3 years ago

We work with people who claim they will not have the vaccine because it is the government's way of controlling the population (?)

I understand people who are concerned about the speed at which the vaccines have been rolled out when normally it can take years but I can't help thinking the clever bods have been working on something that fortunately works against covid.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

BTW, I nearly got a second dose of a different vaccine the other day. They offered me a shot as they didn't know I had been vaccinated. I wouldn't turn down a second dose, if they were happy to give it to me, so I told the nurse I had had Pfizer vaccine on the 8th. She said "that was more than 7 days ago, so that's fine". It took a few more back and forths before I understood that I they were using AZ that day, and she understood that I hadn't had an vaccination but a coronavirus vaccination. I think she needed a break!
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Lullabelle wrote:
3 years ago
We work with people who claim they will not have the vaccine because it is the government's way of controlling the population (?)

I understand people who are concerned about the speed at which the vaccines have been rolled out when normally it can take years but I can't help thinking the clever bods have been working on something that fortunately works against covid.
I didn't know you worked with Piers Corbyn. 🤭
0 x

Lullabelle

Joan wrote:
3 years ago
I didn't know you worked with Piers Corbyn. 🤭
No idea who he is to be honest.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Lullabelle wrote:
3 years ago
No idea who he is to be honest.
I never heard of him until yesterday. Jeremy's older brother, who was arrested for distributing this....
Attachments
newFile-6.jpg
0 x

Lullabelle

My sister is classed as vulnerable due to her health issues so she had her jab last Friday.
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 3 years ago

0 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 3 years ago

I've had taste and smell problems on and off for a while. Yesterday I felt awful, but nothing really developed. This morning I started coughing, so I've been for a test and am waiting on results.

If it turns I have been infected, I haven't the faintest idea how - I've barely been near other people except for passing them in the street for weeks.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Iris wrote:
3 years ago
I've had taste and smell problems on and off for a while. Yesterday I felt awful, but nothing really developed. This morning I started coughing, so I've been for a test and am waiting on results.

If it turns I have been infected, I haven't the faintest idea how - I've barely been near other people except for passing them in the street for weeks.
😯
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 3 years ago

Iris wrote:
3 years ago

Problem is aerosol spread...

Hope you're OK and the test comes back negative.
1 x

The Real Ravenhurst

Post by The Real Ravenhurst » 3 years ago

Iris wrote:
3 years ago

Hope you are OK. Fingers crossed for a negative. x
0 x

Iris

Post by Iris » 3 years ago

Whatever it is, it's not that. Negative result back this morning.
4 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

That is such good news, and a very impressive turnaround on the test.

How are you feeling this evening?

There are so many things that aren't Covid-19 that can make us sick.

A few weeks ago I delivered a package from a pharmacy to the flat of a woman with a new, continuous cough. I didn't ask if she had coronavirus, but assumed she didn't as the parcel included an antibiotic. That didn't stop me being filled with fear as she cracked her flat door filling the landing with the sound of her paroxysmal cough. It was all I could do not to run down the stairs. It was the one of the rare times I actually removed my mask according to protocol, and discarded it ASAP and sanitised the shit out of my hands!

It was bacterial, and she was well the next time we spoke.

My point is, there are other respiratory diseases, and they need treatment. If you do not start to recover quickly, talk to your GP.
0 x