Moderator: Joan

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Thread

Post by Joan » 3 years ago

Regulator wrote:
3 years ago
Your GP should have been told when you had your first dose and they should arrange the second dose accordingly.
My first dose is in my record. I just want to confirm it will trigger my second.

But if I could, I would have liked the second dose this week, because Pfizer says six weeks is the longest they can say is safe..

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-vac ... s-12215576
0 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 3 years ago

One of my colleagues is a denier, coving isn't real, it is a conspiracy, he will refuse the vaccine on the grounds that it is the government's way of inserting a microchip into the body to track us....his pregnant wife is in ICU with covid, fingers crossed all will be well but maybe this will change his mind.
0 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 3 years ago

That is awful at several levels. Fingers crossed indeed.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Lullabelle wrote:
3 years ago
maybe this will change his mind.
If it doesn't, I hope his wife, when she recovers, takes the baby and starts a new life without him.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

We need a phrase for people who hang around a vaccine site in the evening, hoping for leftovers. They are starting to be a nuisance. I started with vaccine vultures, which is nicely alliterative but maybe pigeon or seagull is a better analogy?
0 x

LowlifeDes

Post by LowlifeDes » 3 years ago

Would standby queues make sense here?
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

LowlifeDes wrote:
3 years ago
Would standby queues make sense here?
🤔

Thinking about it, not really. The chances of getting it are close to zero. The queues would imply there is a chance. They aren't turned away, but they are told it's extremely unlikely. The first person asking yesterday turned up half an hour before the centre opened. Suggesting he should stand around for 10 hours would not have been right.

Also, each vial contains 5 or 6 doses, so the most left overs would be 5. If the queue was kept to 5,and everyone else was turned away, I think that would add to the implied promise.

Yesterday there was one dose over, but at least 5 unvaccinated volunteers. Luckily they managed to agree which one of them should get it.

We did have a some extra AZ on Sunday, and sought out people who needed it. One was a volunteer's recently graduated daughter who was starting at Reading hospital and was told they have finished vaccinations and she would have to sort herself out. The last dose went to a friend of the of the health centre receptionist who lived 5 minutes away, works customer facing at Heathrow and her husband has severe asthma. Strangely I don't think we had any chancers coming in, except maybe a few people with appointments asking if their spouse can get it too.
0 x

LowlifeDes

So long as it all gets allocated
2 x

Greg

Post by Greg » 3 years ago

A couple of weeks ago a rumour spread that our local vaccination centre were doing walk-ins. It was chaos.
0 x

LowlifeDes

Greg wrote:
3 years ago
A couple of weeks ago a rumour spread that our local vaccination centre were doing walk-ins. It was chaos.
It is a bit like the cycle chat thread about over 60s being able to book a vaccination now. The NHS website still says 64 or over but, because it says you can in a local news site, it must be OK.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

I am not privy to behind the scenes, but currently most of those being vaccinated are in their 50s at the sites I am attending. In Hounslow I assume they mostly had underlying conditions (they looked so old I was continually shocked when they gave their date of birth in the 1960s) but in Kilburn they are hale and hearty so I expect most of them did not have any underlying issues.
0 x

LowlifeDes

I have my letter, and have booked my appointment at a local center. I will dress appropriately
IMG-20210226-WA0003.jpeg
2 x

LowlifeDes

Well, that was painless
3 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

It's shockingly painless. Every phobic as looked embarrassed afterwards.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Screenshot_20210304-175813-431.png
0 x