Covid-19 Pandemic Thread

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Lullabelle

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Thread

Post by Lullabelle » 2 years ago

Greg wrote:
2 years ago
I was called selfish recently by keeping our booking to Greece open (28th June), that same person had broken (by my reckoning) at least 5 Coronavirus laws (going to Wales etc) that very day!

Anyhoo, we too will be double vaccinated and if the tests are going to come down to a reasonable cost then its definitely still on if allowed. So its a 'go for it' from me.
We are booked to go Greece in September-fingers crossed, should be getting our second jabs shortly.
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 2 years ago

A couple of Greeks outside a vaccination centre were lobbying for their second jabs early. According to them, as long as you had two vaccines, you could enter Greece without quarantine (they were travelling on family business). They were waving their vaccination cards, apparently believing the Greek authorities would accept them as proof of vaccination status.

Luckily they didn't seem to grasp my suggestion they could just fill it in themselves, no actual vaccination required. 😂
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Got my vaccine passport!
Attachments
IMG_20210518_084604.jpg
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 2 years ago

Joan wrote:
2 years ago
Got my vaccine passport!
Me too!
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

And learnt a new word: Comirnaty. Nup, I will stick with Pfizer/BioNTech
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Anyone unvaccinated over 18 can get Pfizer at Twickenham today

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lets-tac ... 6925312835
1 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 2 years ago

My understanding is that people involved in other local-ish mass vaccination centres predict complete and utter chaos at Twickenham today.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Smooth as silk
1 x

JohnToo

Post by JohnToo » 2 years ago

Excellent!
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

TBH, I thought it was going to be an utter shit-show, so it's amazing how well it went, particularly as they only decided to do it last Wednesday.

Started off quietly, too quietly in fact; we didn't have enough people coming in to keep all the vaccinators busy. I think they were trying to keep slots free for local residents, so they deliberately tried to obscure the eligibility criteria which was always anyone over 18 and unvaccinated. I quietly shared this information on private social media, like here.

By lunch time there was still no queues at all, and they started to promulgate it everywhere; reporters started appearing, we told every person to share on social media and things started to change. The walk-in queue filled the "disneys" and then snaked around the stadium and disappeared into the housing estate and even those with appointments were queued for over an hour.

But it was a lovely day in the sun, and the stadium is beautiful, so no one who made it in was unhappy about the wait. Unfortunately they had to end the walk-in queue, and I think those people were very disappointed. I spoke to the last walk-ins, and they queued for nearly 3 hours.

The queue at midday 😂
FB_IMG_1622533108656.jpg
And later in the afternoon (I didn't see this, I spent the afternoon inside the vaccination area)
240914.jpeg
(Disney is stadium speak for those snaking queues around barriers. Also vomitories are the entrances that spew people into the stadium. A few more hours and would be fluent in stadia.)
3 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I've been accepted for the Covid Vaccine Booster Clinical Trial. First appointment/jab is 17 June.
3 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

FB_IMG_1623042744237.jpg
5 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

If anyone is interested, Hattie Mancock is due to face questions from MPs on the Health and Social Care Committee and Science and Technology Committee on the Government's handling of the covid-19 pandemic, as part of the Coronavirs: Lessons learned joint inquiry.

This Thursday (10 June) at 9.30 a.m. It will be broadcast on Parliament TV.
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 2 years ago

Regulator wrote:
2 years ago
If anyone is interested, Hattie Mancock is due to face questions from MPs on the Health and Social Care Committee and Science and Technology Committee on the Government's handling of the covid-19 pandemic, as part of the Coronavirs: Lessons learned joint inquiry.

This Thursday (10 June) at 9.30 a.m. It will be broadcast on Parliament TV.
Do you have any hope in these question times? The school prefect just repeats the one liners. I don't think he has any idea of the concept of remorse.
0 x

Mister Paul

Post by Mister Paul » 2 years ago

Portugal cancelled. I'm glad that the move to Amber has made the decision for us as we were still undecided.

Most of the costs can be refunded. Now replaced with a week in St David's and a week in Aberdyfi.
1 x