Covid-19 Pandemic Thread

Not cycling, but still important.

Moderator: Joan

Mister Paul

Re: Covid-19 Pandemic Thread

Post by Mister Paul » 2 years ago

There's a thing going around Instagram claiming censorship as the #naturalimmunity hashtag has been blocked by Instagram. If you search #naturalimmunity you get the #naturalimmunity page which is full of people ranting that #naturalimmunity has been removed from the Instagram search, along with all of the #naturalimmunity posts from before the claims that #naturalimmunity searches had been blocked.
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 2 years ago

Screenshot_20210920-112733-751.png
I know it's not covid, but still
0 x

Lullabelle

Post by Lullabelle » 2 years ago

At the weekend we went to 2 indoor comedy shows, felt anxious but cannot live in fear/worry. I still wear a mask in shops and at work on the shopfloor, don't need to but somehow it feels like the right thing to do.
1 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

I've been invited to get my booster shot!

Thanks for volunteering for the study, @Regulator. Have you found out what you got?
1 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 2 years ago

Joan wrote:
2 years ago
I've been invited to get my booster shot!

Thanks for volunteering for the study, @Regulator. Have you found out what you got?
I'm waiting for confirmation from the study. They're in the process of writing to us. If we're called for a shot we've been asked to decline it but take any 'flu shot offered. If we were in the placebo group the study will give us a booster.

Slightly at a tangent, I went into head office yesterday, for the first time in almost 2 years. What was very noticeable was how quiet the City was. On the walk from Liverpool Street to Fleet Street I'd estimate I saw about 10% of the people I'd have seen previously. My boss says it's like a ghost town on Fridays.
2 x

Mister Paul

I've got my booster tomorrow..
2 x

Lullabelle

Mister Paul wrote:
2 years ago
I've got my booster tomorrow..
Waiting to get my invite, however I will be having my flu jab in a couple of weeks time.
0 x

Mister Paul

Lullabelle wrote:
2 years ago
Waiting to get my invite, however I will be having my flu jab in a couple of weeks time.
If you're over "that age" you can book online before the invitation.

Obviously you're a long way from that.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

I volunteered today (first time in months). We turned away anyone who got their second dose after April Fool's Day. Walk-ins without appointment got through. I don't know if they have been invited or not.
2 x

Mister Paul

Joan wrote:
2 years ago
I volunteered today (first time in months). We turned away anyone who got their second dose after April Fool's Day. Walk-ins without appointment got through. I don't know if they have been invited or not.
I spent an interesting time queuing. It stretched back up the path from the centre, alongside a car park. The woman behind me kept telling people off for not standing 2m apart. Then an older lady arrived, drove into a disabled space and carried on into a temporary barrier separating the queue from the car park. The next 15 minutes were spent by the volunteer marshall repeatedly telling a chap that he hadn't got an appointment but could wait in the queue as long as he accepted that he might not get a jab today.
2 x

Lullabelle

Mister Paul wrote:
2 years ago
If you're over "that age" you can book online before the invitation.

Obviously you're a long way from that.
I am 51, apparently I can get my booster.
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Lullabelle wrote:
2 years ago
I am 51, apparently I can get my booster.
Apparently we are at increased risk of complications 😔
Screenshot_20211002-145725-449.png
Meanwhile, I decided not to book straight away, so made an appointment for Monday (as I couldn't get leftovers yesterday 😤), and I just called called to cancel it; the centre is closed now on Monday.

I have made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Pop into a centre I know after my cycle outing.
0 x

Lullabelle

When I had no 1st covid jab the nurse told me that I could not have that and the flu jab within a week of each other, my flu is in 2 weeks time so may have to wait for the booster from my gp, on saying that, I had to go elsewhere for my 2nd covid as the gp surgery didn't have any and apparently you are supposed to have both within a certain time of each other.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Just checked with nurses at a vaccine centre (volunteered after my booster). The only vaccine you can't have in the same week is shingles. This has changed since last winter.

Apparently some places are doing one in each arm 😂 💪 💪
0 x

Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Regulator » 2 years ago

I’ve tested +ve. Two LFTs and just had the PCR swab. Should get the result in 24-48 hours.

I’m blaming Jon…
0 x