Your Ride Today

Everything to do with cycling
Rocky

Re: Your Ride Today

Post by Rocky » 5 years ago

Rutabaga wrote:
5 years ago
In the end I didn't do it, because there was a coach being used as a rail-replacement bus and the driver let me put the bike in the luggage compartment. I felt very lucky. But when I got to Watford Junction I discovered that Southern had withdrawn all their trains, and my only option was another bus to Stanmore. I was lucky again, in that one driver of a double-decker was happy to take me and the bike (as the bus was empty apart from me), and also unlucky in that he got horribly lost and we spent an hour and a half driving round and round, including an excursion the wrong way up the M1. It was so awful it was hilarious. Then I had to take the bike illegally on the tube from Stanmore (where it's overground) to London bridge (where it isn't, and I got a real telling off). My journey home took all day, and was eventful to say the least :-)
Don’t you just love public transport in the UK. Last summer we cycled our Bromptons to Nancy on the Mosel. We then caught a train to Lille, Eurostar to St Pancras and the Chiltern line to Oxford. Two simple transfers with a minimum of waiting. In fact the only problems were navigating roadworks in Oxford on the cycle from the station.
0 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 5 years ago

Ah, but if I'd had the Brompton with me instead of the full-size bike with panniers it wouldn't have been a problem at all, I'd have just got the ordinary replacement bus.
0 x

Sonic Budgie

Post by Sonic Budgie » 5 years ago

Built a block wall on Sunday, woke up with the alarm on Monday and my back was in bits so decided I'd best not aggravate it on the bike. Up at 6 this morning to make sure I could get out and get a proper ride in before work and it's bloody foggy!! I'll ride in anything except fog, so I'm sat here in all the gear hoping it lifts with enough time for me to at least get a short commute in.
0 x

Markymark

Post by Markymark » 5 years ago

First ride in after 3 weeks today from holiday. Issues at work but will hopefully clear my head. Hopefully not lost too much fitness nor gained too much holiday indulgence.
0 x

Hopless500

Post by Hopless500 » 5 years ago

I had a mad moment and cycled in to work today. Which was fine. However, I now have to cycle back again later and my legs are a little unhappy with the idea.
2 x

ransos

Post by ransos » 5 years ago

Scuzzy photo of weekend adventures. Exmouth Exodus this weekend. I shall be bringing Fridays-style refreshment to the south west.
39743715_10156809746909155_7366925259846451200_n.jpg
4 x

Hopless500

I didn't cycle home. Too much going on today so stayed late. My bottom is grateful. Lift in tomorrow and cycle back planned. And gawd I'm hungry ;o
3 x

Hopless500

Today I cycled home. Legs great. Other bits... not so great 😖
Hot and sunny. And a 15 minute technical trying to unjam my sodding chain. And a non-existent phone call after 6 weeks of being fucked around by CPW. The.... we will absolutely ring you at 4.30 because we've caused so much grief so we'll sort it phone call. Yeah.
2 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Joan » 5 years ago

Yesterday, 66 tube stops (Surrey - Essex - Surrey)

But it was cycling related....
Spoiler
Show
IMG_20180822_205555257.jpg
4 x

Rutabaga

Post by Rutabaga » 5 years ago

New bike? Very nice.
1 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

At the start of my ride tomorrow I may be on Radio Leicester, they are doing the morning show from the pub and The Black Horse Riders are on the schedule to be talked to. The only thing is, given the weather forecast the ride might not happen.
0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

What sort of time, @Dunckel?
0 x

Markymark

Post by Markymark » 5 years ago

Joan wrote:
5 years ago
What sort of time, @Dunckel?
If it’s modern day Leicester I’d say about 1953.
5 x

Dunckel

Post by Dunckel » 5 years ago

About 9.45. I never listen to Radio Leicester, but apparently the Sunday morning show does a treasure hunt where they give clues to the location of a prize hidden somewhere in tge city. Tomorrow it will be in the beer garden of the pub, and the show host will be there.

We assemble at 9.45 for a 10.00 departure every week, so microphones will be pointed at us - if we turn up that is. It won't be the first time we have been roped into media stuff. Here we are decorating a video for Everards brewery.

0 x

Joan
Administrator
Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radioleicester

One can listen on line. I won't, cause I'll be in Paris 😏
2 x