Beer

For foodies, food snobs, gourmets, gourmands and garbage guts
LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 690
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Beer

Post by LowlifeDes » 2 weeks ago

IMG_20190628_195452.jpg
I wanted to like this but it isn't working for me. I think that there might be too much going on, and as a sour it needs to be clearer.
1 x

User avatar
Regulator
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1154
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Cambridge

Re: Beer

Post by Regulator » 2 weeks ago

1 x

LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 690
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Beer

Post by LowlifeDes » 2 weeks ago

IMG_20190629_185001.jpg
Now this I do like. Loads of peach and nectarine and brewed as a colab to celebrate the EU.
1 x

Iris
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 488
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Beer

Post by Iris » 2 weeks ago

Train beer, transalpine edition.
IMG_20190701_124841039_resize_3.jpg
2 x

User avatar
Joan
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1761
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Beer

Post by Joan » 2 weeks ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
2 weeks ago
IMG_20190629_185001.jpg
Now this I do like. Loads of peach and nectarine and brewed as a colab to celebrate the EU.
I was curious, so I googled this https://gipsyhillbrew.com/beers/envoy/

"12 UK and 12 European breweries brought together to each make a beer celebrating the achievements of the EU."


Until November isn't that 12 European and another 12 European breweries? I don't want to celebrate the EU by emphasizing we are separate from it!

Of course, this shouldn't get in the way of enjoying a tasty beer.
1 x

User avatar
JohnToo
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 252
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Leatherhead

Re: Beer

Post by JohnToo » 2 weeks ago

Joan wrote:
2 weeks ago
I was curious, so I googled this https://gipsyhillbrew.com/beers/envoy/

"12 UK and 12 European breweries brought together to each make a beer celebrating the achievements of the EU."


Until November isn't that 12 European and another 12 European breweries? I don't want to celebrate the EU by emphasizing we are separate from it!

Of course, this should get in the way of enjoying a tasty beer.
My former work were very well meaning following the referendum and kept sending out emails to "our employees who are EU citizens" assuring them of practical support etc. The first time, I wrote to the HR dept pointing out the error but I don't think they ever understood.

This anecdote has nothing to do with beer.
0 x

Iris
Sr. Member
Sr. Member
Posts: 488
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Beer

Post by Iris » 2 weeks ago

JohnToo wrote:
2 weeks ago
My former work were very well meaning following the referendum and kept sending out emails to "our employees who are EU citizens" assuring them of practical support etc. The first time, I wrote to the HR dept pointing out the error but I don't think they ever understood.

This anecdote has nothing to do with beer.
When I joined my current organisation, where a different department was leading on Brexit prep, I insisted on them changing all references so that they said "non-UK EU citizens".
0 x

User avatar
Dunckel
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 919
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Beer

Post by Dunckel » 1 week ago

Some of the local brew this evening, only £9.50 a bottle
20190703_194205.jpg
20190703_201637.jpg
1 x

LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 690
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Beer

Post by LowlifeDes » 1 week ago

I hope that, at that price, it is not too bad.
1 x

User avatar
Dunckel
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 919
Joined: 1 year ago

Re: Beer

Post by Dunckel » 1 week ago

LowlifeDes wrote:
1 week ago
I hope that, at that price, it is not too bad.
Average.
0 x

LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 690
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Beer

Post by LowlifeDes » 1 week ago

Dunckel wrote:
1 week ago
Average.
I'll think of you, as I drink this Bevertown Lupuloid.
2 x

LowlifeDes
Hero Member
Hero Member
Posts: 690
Joined: 11 months ago

Re: Beer

Post by LowlifeDes » 3 days ago

Pish
IMG_20190713_202748.jpg
1 x

Post Reply